Monday, June 30, 2014

A whole lot of nothing... (You've Got Mail)

6/30/2014 YOU'VE GOT MAIL

So I'm really into this show...The Office which happens to have Mindy Kaling in it... and Mindy Kaling happens to have her own show, The Mindy Project. Long story short, I just happened to watch the entire series throughout the course of yesterday and happened to be a little obsessed with Mindy Lahiri (Kaling) and Danny Castellano (Chris Messina) who happens to have a bit role in You've Got Mail, which also happens to be one of Mindy Kaling's favorite movies. Plus, it has Tom Hanks in it...so, I mean, he's pretty much a male Meryl Streep...the man can do no wrong.

With that little anecdote out of the way, I better start in on the movie. I completely agree with what Joe said about Starbucks. I always order a hot chocolate to keep it simple, and point at the cup I want because I don't know the sizes. Other than that, I liked what Kathleen said about the "nothings" and the "somethings". I don't think one can truly know someone without all the nothing. Ha. Like Seinfeld, "a show about nothing." Beside the point. Anyway, I'm just saying that all the ingredients to a person are in the nothings.

I enjoyed seeing Tom Hanks on a carousel that was much to small for him. It twas amusing.

I thought it was kind of weird how they talked the emails out loud to themselves. I guess I'll have to overlook that for the sake of narration. It would be frustrating trying to read the emails without the narration and I would probably miss something because I can't read fast enough. I hate when I go to a movie and they have either a subtitle or something I have to read flash past the screen...I'm not even that slow of a reader.

Off topic.

I suppose it was a cute movie. Clever too.

No comments:

Post a Comment