Thursday, June 19, 2014

Befriending a Ghost (Safe Haven)

I guess I'll just start off by saying that... I KNEW IT! I totally called that Jo was really the ghost of Alex's late wife. How did I know? Well, I figured it out right before she told Katie that she was "leaving", because she didn't need to be there anymore. Basically, she told Katie to take lots of pictures, or else she will always regret the moments that she didn't capture. It was then that I was like "wait...Alex likes taking pictures too...must be a town thing. What if their related. Wait. She could be his wife, it would explain why their not seen together...nooo...it couldn't be..." It explains how she was able to warn Katie through a dream about Kevin being there. And also why she kind of "set up" Katie with Alex because she could tell that Alex liked her. That was one twist that I liked, usually you can see them coming when the movie starts. This time, it took until nearly the end.

Other than that, I quite enjoyed the movie. I went from thinking Katie...Erin... was a murderer to realizing that she had a over possessive drunkard of a husband....which I guess is better than a murderer. I mean, she does end up killing him, but there were witnesses to say that it was self defense.

Who called that they were going to fall in love when it rained? The normal archetype associated with rain is that something bad will happen. In romance movies, the archetype rules are different. See, in romance movies, rain often means that someone will finally make a move, and there will probably be kissing. I was pleasantly surprised that this time, the kissing occurred after it rained. Way to break stereotype. I tell ya... every time someone goes "What?! It's not gonna rain..." you can pretty much guarantee that it will be the biggest storm that said town has seen since 1936. Why did they seek shelter from the rain under a tree? Didn't your parents ever tell you not to stand under a tree during a thunderstorm?

...I would be at least a little freaked out after realizing that I had befriended a ghost...

No comments:

Post a Comment