Sunday, June 8, 2014

What do YOU think, oh wise one? (Something Borrowed)

6/8/2014 SOMETHING BORROWED

John Krasinski was the star of that movie, I don't care what anyone says. I mean, his facial expressions, quite frankly, can be matched by no other. Also, the sight of him in a pink, eight-year-old girl's bed is what my whole life's been leading toward! There ya have it...this is officially the climax of my life. It's so weird seeing him as...not Jim. Ohhmygoodness..when Darcy left her purse at the bar and Rachel was like "Her new Chanel?!" and John's character Ethan was all like "Not the new chanel..." with just the right amount of sarcasm. He said it best when he said that dudes should definitely not know that kind of stuff. To top that scene off by telling the cab driver that he (the cab driver) needed a hug was the absolute best. I mean really, is Ethan the only sensible person in the whole movie. He is 47 and one half times the man Dex could ever be.

If Dex was so infatuated with Rachel, why didn't he ask her out WHILE THEY WERE IN LAW SCHOOL. Ha. To be honest, when I saw Rachel longingly staring at the book called Torts, I thought the movie would be about her following her dream of starting a bakery. I don't know...maybe she would bake their wedding cake...and fall in love in the process. But that's beside the point; WHY DID DEX EVER PROPOSE TO DARCY?! Honestly, there were SO MANY better opportunities to get out of that relationship...unless it was one of those "she proposed to him" type deals. Plus, Dex's cardigan looks like he bought it at a charity auction supporting the world famous competitive knitting group, the "Knit-Wits". #TRUTH

Mid-movie synchronized dancing? Why yes please.

Am I the only one majorly repulsed by Marcus? I honestly doubt I'm the only one.

I thought Rachel was being stupid when she heard Dex on the phone with his mom saying "it's gonna be alright mom" before asking "was that your mom?" UGH. It's like, seriously?! What do you think, oh wise one? And when Dex sent Rachel flowers...it's all romantic until Darcy sees a bill for flowers that were sent to someone else. At the end though, I don't understand why Darcy is that upset after she just admitted that she got pregnant while engaged. Compared to what she did, Rachel's betrayal didn't seem so bad. And ya know what they say...betrayal ain't just a river in Egypt.

As the wise Dr. Phil likes to say..."if they'll do it with you, they'll do it to you." Take a lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment