Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Meryl Streep was a plus... (It's Complicated)

6/17/2014 IT'S COMPLICATED

I hadn't even heard of this movie until I saw John Krasinski on Ellen talking about it...in case you're wondering why I chose it. Meryl Streep was a plus, as was Steve Martin. I have to confess my deep hatred for Alec Baldwin, never been a fan. I don't blame Jane (Meryl Streep) for rejecting him. I suppose I was entertained by this movie, not one of my favorites, not something I will remember for more than a week...but entertaining.

Just a few issues:
I hate Alec Baldwin
No person in their right mind would give their child their credit card. Plus, how did she pay for all those drinks later, no one carries that much cash...
Her house is big enough, why is she building on?
I don't know why any person would name a bakery "The Bakery"
Her shrink needed to make up his mind...why is she paying him?!

Now that I've got that out of my system...this movie did make me conflicted. Although I hate Baldwin, by the end of the movie, I didn't know who to route for. Adam (Steve Martin) was the obvious favorite, but when I saw how happy Jane and Jake (Baldwin) together would make their children...I didn't know how to feel. I don't blame Adam for breaking up with Jane, he doesn't need the drama...especially after his wife left him for his best friend. I guess I'm happy with the way things ended up, which coincidentally was exactly how they started.

John Krasinski once again stole the movie, for me at least. I don't know if he plays anything but a comic relief, or some kind of quirky, nervous character that kind of just tags along, in movies anyway. He does always end up playing a very important role in the outcome. Seeing him in girls pajamas, pink mind you, was an invaluable experience...I don't know if that makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment