Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Here goes it... (Perks of Being a Wallflower)

6/4/2014 PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER

Never thought I'd be doing one of these things...but it's summer, and I'm bored so here goes it. I've decided to occupy myself by attempting to watch 41 movies by the end of summer...because that's how much free time I have...so why not, right? I also know that there is no possible way that I will remember each and every movie I watch (I like remembering things), so why not write something down? Anyways, last night I finally got around to watching Perks of Being a Wallflower. And yes, I do understand what all the hype is about.

I thoroughly enjoyed it although I do think that Emma Watson's attempt at an American accent was just that...and attempt. But "A for Effort" nonetheless. Although I liked it, the movie made me rather sad, it was all too painfully real. I mean, it's not like my best friend committed suicide or I got into a relationship with virtually no way out like Charlie. I just get what its like going to high school not knowing anyone, sitting alone at lunch, etc. I've struggled with being deathly shy for sometime...I mean, I warm up to people eventually, but I just don't understand how speaking comes so naturally to people.

"I know I'm quiet... and, and I know I should speak more. But if you knew the things that were in my head most of the time, you'd know what it really meant. How, how much we're alike, and how we've been through the same things..."

I've heard the part about "accepting the love we think we deserve" quite a few times, but I didn't truly understand it until I saw the movie. I guess as humans, we sometimes think lower of ourselves than we should, and this movie really brings that to light. If we said even half the things we thought, the good things anyway, life would be vastly different. I think we'd all be pleasantly surprised at some of the things other people have to say about us...well, most of the time anyway.





No comments:

Post a Comment