Thursday, June 26, 2014

Developed a small "cult following" (Mean Girls)

6/26/2014 MEAN GIRLS

Not really understanding why this is considered "the most iconic teen movie of our millennium." Okay, I don't know if anyone actually said that, but it's pretty much how everyone acts. The part about wearing pink on Wednesdays...people act likes that's the most hysterical thing in the history of the world. Yeah, it was a good, entertaining movie, but I don't know how "iconic" it really was. I did chuckle at the "you go, Glenn Coco"...it was just so weird, kind of a "why did he even say that" kind of thing. So I'll give you that one.

I don't know why Cady had to suffer almost failing Calculus for some guy. I don't think guys mind if girls are smart. She could've found something more interesting to talk about. I don't know how many math innuendos can actually be used as pick up lines anyway.

What part did Amy Poehlar even play in the movie? It's not like she impacted the movie in the least bit. I don't know how she could be a mother (step-mother) and act that way.

Parts of the movie made me feel bad for Gretchen, but in the end... I realized that she was just one of those people who needed a clique to feel like they belong. While Regina was holding her back, I don't think she minded, as long as she felt like she could be a part of something unique. Karen on the other hand, had a good heart but was mislead. I like how she ended up...as a news caster. Did you know this was Amanda Seyfried's film debut?!

Wow. The wiki page seriously says that the film has developed a small "cult following." Can't say I disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment