Monday, June 23, 2014

Meryl Streep...Is there anything she can't do? (Mamma Mia)

6/23/2014 MAMMA MIA

The movie ends and I am left wondering why Sky proposed if he didn't want to get married...at least the wedding didn't go to waste. My, my, Meryl Streep...is there anything she can't do? IT REALLY WAS HER SINGING! I also enjoyed Colin Firth's performance. I had previously only seen him in Bridget Jones's Diary so it was refreshing to see him as someone not as high-strung. Honestly, I was kind of routing for him to be the dad. Also, I was a bit disappointed that we didn't find out who the real father was. I was betting on the fact that we would find out it was none of them. At least that would pave the road for a Mamma Mia 2! Kidding...I liked that they all agreed to share Sophie.

The singing took some getting used to, but by the end, I was dancing along with them...more like moving my head back and forth to the beat. I liked the songs "Lay All Your Love on Me", "Gimme Gimme Gimme", and "Mamma Mia." It was refreshing that no one was named Mia...they used the title more as an expression, not a person or a person's mother.

I was a little weirded-out that that young fellow was into the older lady...Tanya I think her name was. She could of been his grandmother...honestly, who's she fooling? I came to the conclusion that their is probably a lack of women on the island.

I thought it was odd how Donna was not more worn out by the jog up that hill to her daughter's (and later her own) wedding. I would probably die before reaching the top...how was she not a wet mess walking her daughter down the aisle? I guess that's Meryl Streep for ya...possibly the most talented actress of our generation...and our parents' and grandparents' generations for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment