Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Ordering take-out changes lives (Sleepless in Seattle)

7/1/2014 SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE

I suppose I've been meaning to watch this movie for a while, well, a couple days anyway. It helps to understand the countless Sleepless in Seattle references in The Mindy Project. I don't think it's possible for Tom Hanks to be in a bad movie (I haven't seen him in one, anyway), and this movie is no exeption. I like that, while he is a beleivable love interest, it's not like he is one of those "blonde-hair, blue eyes, overly muscular" guys (turns out most girls are very much into your Gosling or your Hemsworth). Then again, I don't know what was considered "hot beyond belief" in the early 90s. If its as drastic a change as the change in computers, than you can disregard this entire paragraph.

This movie made me realize that destiny, accidents, and coincidences are one in the same. I guess it just depends how you look at it. Another thing this movie exemplafied was the "love at first sight (or feel...or hear)" concept. While Annie wasn't looking to be surprised, and Sam was only looking for someone to have a convorsation with...they both found themselves embarking on a journey that was...quite frankly...chalk full of coincidances. Note: Some may also call this concept destiny.

I feel bad for Walter. I mean, I guess it was just his luck that he got dumped almost immediately after getting his ring resized...which I'm sure is as hastle. In my opinion, he played it a little to cool when Annie gave him the unfortunate news. I don't know of any guy who would be okay with the fact that their woman flew across the country to meet some guy whos voice they fell in love with! I don't know...it just seems that Meg Ryan always gets of free in these movies.

"You make a million decisions that mean nothing...and then one day, you order take-out and it changes your life."

Ain't that the truth...I guess I wouldn't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment