Thursday, July 10, 2014

Bob Newhart is Life (Legally Blonde 2: Red, White, and Blonde)

7/10/2014 LEGALLY BLONDE 2: RED, WHITE, AND BLONDE

I guess what the critics were saying was true. This movie wasn't really that great...well besides Bob Newhart...but how could you NOT love him. I liked Jennifer Coolidge as well, she's just got a different style about her. Poor Regina King (who played Grace), the woman never gets a break, what with constantly starring in sequels of popular movies that consistently turn out disappointing (Miss Congeniality 2, Legally Blonde 2). I mean, this movie wasn't all bad, but it definitely wasn't all good.

I deeply hate those two bippy friends of Elle's...they're just a little much for my liking. I had had about enough by the time they started the synchronized dancing...I mean, who had time to teach everyone that dance? And when one of them pulled out there phone and gave it to Elle, I was in awe of how small and ckunky it was, older than the dinky modern track phone. Has technology really progressed that much in the last 10 years?!

One of the things that made this movie not a total loss and worth seeing in the first place was Bob Newhart. I just love the way he says his lines; I'm sure those pauses and occasional "um"'s weren't written in, but it made it more believable. Some witty lines in movies, I have an extremely hard time believing that the characters came up with on the spot. Back to Bob Newhart...he was incredibly adorable as Papa Elf in Elf. 

I think I liked Reese Witherspoon more in the previous movie. I just felt that her voice got higher and she got bippier. I agree with the critic that said something to the effect that blonde jokes aren't as funny the second time around. One thing I do like about these movies is how self-grooming tips constantly lead Elle Woods to find out about a deception or make some kind of law breakthrough.

Not a totally worthless movie I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment