Thursday, July 24, 2014

Melora Hardin! (27 Dresses)

7/24/2014 27 DRESSES

Watching all of these movies (and tv shows) has really expanded my actor vocabulary...if that makes any sense. I recognized a whole ton of actors that I never would've known a month ago. First and foremost, Melora Hardin, aka Jan Levinson from The Office. There is no way I could miss her. She seems to play a character similar to the Jan, which would be a female boss who gets what she wants. Either way, she is darn good at playing the character. I also noticed Judy Greer who plays Kitty in Arrested Development! It took me a while because of her hair color, but I knew it was her. James Marsden, who played the man that Jane got married to in the end, played the man that Allie left, in The Notebook. Also, Peyton List from Disney Channel (not that I watch Disney Channel) played young Jane.

The analytical part of me wants to look further into the dresses in the closet, but I honestly don't feel like it. It symbolizes something like the building up of feelings over years that finally come out when she gets rid of the dresses...or something like that. Open to interpretation. 

I thought it was sweet that Jane's friend and Kevin's friend were flirting with each other at the end. I mean, it didn't necessarily add anything to the story, but I felt it was a nice touch. 

I was initially hesitant in watching this movie because I thought it could possibly turn out like Something Borrowed, in which the main character had to choose the lesser of two evils. I mean, haven't we all heard the story where the bridesmaid is secretly in love with the groom? While entertaining, we don't really want to see a bride and groom broken up for a chance relationship. I liked this movie because there wasn't any cheating, and it turned out that Jane wasn't really in love with her boss. Although, I think we all knew that she was going to marry Kevin the second we saw him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment