Saturday, July 5, 2014

Who manufactures feathers that strong? (Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous)

7/5/2014 MISS CONGENIALITY 2: ARMED AND FABULOUS

Shockingly, I didn't find this movie as terrible as the critics did. Funny, it's usually the other way around. I thought it was nice, and refreshing that it wasn't a story leading up to a big romantic ending. Okay, I admit it, those aren't all bad. Either way, I at least appreciated that it was more about friendship than romance. It was Detective Fuller who saved the day in the end, not some buff male lead. I still fail to understand who manufactures feathers that strong. Basically, Gracie Hart's costume got caught under a cannon on a boat that was under water (okay, it's a long story) and they just wouldn't break.

I don't understand how, at the end of the movie, it's okay for Gracie Hart to return to detective work when, at the beginning, she wasn't allowed to due to her notoriety. It's not like she got any less notorious.

It made me angry how that one guy (yup. I didn't even bother to learn his name...or look him up, because I hate him that much and I am that lazy) tried to take all the credit for Gracie Hart's work.
Jerk.

I admit it. I thought Detective Fuller was the culprit behind the crime....somehow, I just thought he was. He was always going on about Janet to the point were I thought he was a stalker and the sweater that he showed Gracie was something that he had stolen...I don't know. It just seemed that Janet was NEVER that into him and that he was possessive. I was glad that he ended up with Miss United States...that showed Janet.

I like how they brought back the "world peace" concept at the end, when clearly Gracie had found her calling in physical violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment