Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Double Infinitive (Two Weeks Notice)

7/10/2014 TWO WEEKS NOTICE

I thought it was too good to be true. Hugh Grant AND Sandra Bullock. A recipe that's impossible to mess up. I think you get the picture.

It was cool that Heather Burns, who played Sandra Bullock's friend in Miss Congeniality ALSO played her friend in this movie!

June really got on my nerves. I mean, let her have the stapler...although, I think the stapler represented George (Hugh Grant) in this situation. Lucy had a history with this stapler, and was used to how it...functioned. June, however, realized that the stapler had special benefits and knew that it didn't belong to Lucy. Regardless, in the stapler's heart, it knew who it's true owner was. Do you think it was symbolism that Lucy ended up with the stapler (ya know...because she ended up with George).

I don't understand why she didn't like her job. I mean, it was easy and she got paid a butt-load...and...well...Hugh Grant (or in this case, "George"). I guess she is just one of those independent people with a true work ethic. I am not one of those people.

I knew that all those times ordering Chinese for one would lead to her finally getting to order Chinese for two(: It was cute how George wasn't used to the tiny apartment.

That letter was one of the sweetest things I've ever heard...except for the double infinitive, which is something I just simply can't overlook...kidding...I thought it was funny how Lucy mentioned that.


No comments:

Post a Comment