Monday, July 28, 2014

Whiplash? (The Amazing Spider-Man 2)

7/27/2014 THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2

So I'm watching the David Letterman show and Emma Stone is a guess star...not seconds into her interview, she promptly proclaims "yup, I died." REALLY?! This was before I saw the movie...I guess it didn't completely ruin the entire thing, I mean, I knew it would happen. I still don't completely understand how she died though...did her neck snap? I've read a ton of articles and apparently, this has been a lively debate for 40+ years. Some way whiplash, some say she died while falling, and some say it was the impact of the Green Goblin's hover craft. I felt like she was somewhat alive and died while Peter was holding her. Either way, it sucked.

I liked Gwen's speech though...it was a different way of looking at things. Makes endings not seem so bad.

" I know that we all think we're immortal, we're supposed to feel that way, we're graduating. Like our brief four years in high school, what makes life valuable is that it doesn't last forever, what makes it precious is that it ends. I know that now more than ever. And I say it today of all days to remind us that time is luck. So don't waste it living someone else's life, make yours count for something. Fight for what matters to you, no matter what. Because even if you fall short, what better way is there to live?
It's easy to feel hopeful on a beautiful day like today, but there will be dark days ahead of us too. There will be days where you feel all alone. No matter how buried it gets or how lost you feel, you must promise me that you will hold on to hope. Keep it alive! We have to be greater than what we suffer.. My wish for you is to become hope.. People need that.. And even if we fail... what better way is there to live?
As we look around here today at all the people who helped make us who we are,
I know it feels like we're saying goodbye but we will carry a piece of each other into everything we do next... To remind us of who we are.. and if we were meant to be.
I've had a great 4 years with you. I'll miss you all very much."

Jamie Foxx was awesome, I love his version of a nerdy, slightly insane, everyday guy. I think he had perfect reason to become a villain...he wasn't really a villain that I hated all that much. Is it weird that I thought that he was lovable. Harry, on the other hand, was creepy. Why did he start to die a whole lot quicker than his dad?

I kinda felt like there was a lot going on:

-Peter and Gwen
-Electro
-Harry and Peter
-Peter discovering his parents past

I think I prefer Sally Field's Aunt May.

No comments:

Post a Comment