Thursday, July 3, 2014

Isn't hairspray flammable? (Miss Congeniality)

7/3/2014 MISS CONGENIALITY

For the record, I did NOT mean to plan a patriotic movie the day before Independence Day...but if you want to think that I did, I guess that's okay too. Sandra Bullock is actually a pretty good actress. She did a fantastic job of thoroughly grossing me out at the beginning while still being believable as a pageant contestant. I don't know how much damage Kathy Morningside (who named that character) planned to do with a bomb that small...best case scenario, she lights the new Miss United States' hair on fire. When are they gonna learn...flammable hairspray. I guess it can't be that flammable considering Cheryl was throwing those flaming batons dangerously close to her head.

After the former Miss New Jersey got caught for "performing" in that "movie", how did no one notice that "Gracie Lou Freebush" wasn't the runner-up for Miss New Jersey ...or even a competitor in that pageant...I mean, you'd think that there would be some kind of outrage over that.

Who else thought that it would be revealed that William Shatner was Frank's father? There was a definite resemblance between the two.

I'll probably watch the sequel to this movie tomorrow, but I can't garuntee I'll enjoy it. I heard it got really bad reviews...but I guess I'll be the judge of that. As for this movie, I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. They hit the nail on the head with the "world peace" bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment