Saturday, July 12, 2014

Beth Grant stoll the show(: (Speed)

7/12/2014 (SPEED)

The main reason that I wanted to see this movie in the first place is because my mom told me it was Sandra Bullock's breakout movie. I also knew that Keanu Reeves was in it. While I had seen him in the Matrix movies (before I fell asleep), I didn't really know what he looked like. I always get him mixed up with David Duckovny...I suppose he looks a little like Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who looks like Orlando Bloom slightly...sorry, none of this pertains to anything.

Ah yes! The movie! I quite enjoyed it. Just the idea that the bus couldn't go under 50 miles per hour without majorly exploding was and idea that I hadn't heard anything similar to before, although I kept waiting for John McClane to show up.

Beth Grant was in it! She played Dwight's babysitter/girlfriend (?!) in The Office (<3), which was an extremely bit part. Do you understand now how much one would have to watch that show to even know that? She also landed a main role in The Mindy Project, which includes a ton of actors and actresses from The Office. I was sad to see that she had to die. I mean, I would rather her than Sandra Bullock's character, but it was unfortunate nonetheless.

I was surprised that they didn't end the movie after the bus incident was over, they had to have a whole subway incident as well. I knew that there was no way in heck that Jack was about to leave Annie (haha, Jack and Annie, like Magic Tree House:)...) on that subway while handcuffed to a poll. I was surprised that he didn't try further to free her, I don't know, maybe it would've hurt her more than it would've helped her. I DID NOT understand why he had to make the subway go faster. My dad made that point that if he could make it accelerate, couldn't they make it deaccelerate? Either way, I knew they would live.

OH! Also, Ferris Bueller's friend made an appearance. He was kind of a spaz.

No comments:

Post a Comment